..:: Asyura, 10th Muharram ::..
As you know, it was on 10 Muharram that Allah s.w.t created Adam a.s., kept Ibrahim a.s. cool from the fire, drowned Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and simultaneously saved Moses a.s with the Jews, it is also said that the Qiyamat will take place on 10 Muharram as well. Allahualam.
- Fast on the tenth of Muharram (it is sunnah to fast on 9th Muharram as well; this is because the Jews fast on 10 Muharram, so, to differ from them, the Prophet s.a.w preferred to fast on 9th and 10th of Muharram).
- Offer a sunnah prayer 4 raka'a with 2 salams, in each raka'a after Al-fatiha, recite Sura Ikhlas 50 times.
- Visit friends and relatives
- Visit the people of knowledge ('alim)
- Visit the sick.
- Wipe the head of an orphan
- Spend on the family
- Cut fingernails
- Sunnah bath
- Reciting surah Ikhlas 1000 times
- Reciting this 1000 times:
"La ilahaill allahu wahdahu la sharikalah La hul mulku walahul hamdu yuhyi wayumitu wahu 'ala kulli shayin qadiir"
- Recite this 70 times:
"Hasba nallahu wani'mal wakil ni'mal maula wani'man nasir"
Berdoa sambil berzikir insyaallah di makbulkan Allah taala.
1) "Subhanallahi Wa Bihamdihi Subhanallah Hi Aaazeem" (x 100 times or more)
2) "Ash-hadu alla ilaha. Astaghfirullah. Nas-alu kal jannata wa na-'udzu bika minan--nar" (x 3 times)
3) "Allahumma innaka'afuwun karimun tuhibbul'afwa fa'fu 'anna Ya Karim" (x3 times)
5) "Allah hu akbar"
Berzikirlah seberapa yang boleh semasa berihat ataupun dalam perjalanan.
May all our deeds be accepted by the Lord, Amin.